CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, October 22, 2008

A long overdue update!

I realize that it has now been 3 weeks since I last posted. While Ian was deployed I found that I usually would post late at night when I should have been sleeping. Lately I have found more incentive to go to bed early. Thus the lack of posting! So now I am trying something different... Posting during nap time.

A LOT has been happening in this short amount of time, and we are all just enjoying being together. One of the first things that we did a few days after Ian came home was get Aspen a hair cut. She has been wanting to donate it to Locks For Love for months and I kept promising her that we would cut it after dad came home. And she kept me to it. Unfortunately when we got to the salon they said that Locks For Love was no longer accepting donations. But we were still cutting it. We also saved the braid and will be sending it to a different company that can make it into wigs. Aspen loves her new hair style, and so do we. She looks so much more grown up.

Before

After
Also the USS Abraham Lincoln returned to home port here in Everett, WA. We didn't go to see. I was actually grateful to not have to be a part of the mad house. After 10 years in the Navy, we have never actually had a homecoming on the pier yet. Maybe sometime in the next 10 years we will. This was a picture my friend took, I always love the look of all the men manning the rails of the ship, waiting to get off and see their families.


Garrett also played in his last football game of the season on Saturday. They played the #1 team in the league, Burlington. They were undefeated. It was a great defensive game and at the end of 4 quarters the game was scoreless on both sides. Burlington got the ball first in OT. They ran in a touchdown and scored an extra point (in Pee Wee's the extra point is also on the ground and 2 points is scored by kicking the ball. Since it is so hard for the little guys to kick the ball!) Next our team got the ball, and on the forth down a kid from our ward caught the ball in the end zone and scored the touchdown. So we were down by a point. But we have a great kicker. So we went for the win. The ball barely made it over the uprights, it was the greatest win in the history of football. I am certain. The other team will still go onto the playoffs and I am sure do great. Our boys don't get to go to the playoffs, but at least they know that they beat the best team in the league. It was so exciting. They will all be talking about it for the next year.

Garrett with the Coaches


Garrett, Justin, CJ, and Blake

They are all in our ward and make up half the Wolf Den at scouts. I am sure the den leaders will be grateful the football season is over. They had to make the meetings later to accommodate these stinky and rambunctious little guys after football practices!

I still have a few other things that I want to post. Maybe later. But this is all I have time for now. Thanks for checking in on us.

2 comments:

Scates Family said...

I love Aspen's hair cut. she looks so cute. It's always fun to watch them play, and fun for it be over.

Sue said...

I love seeing you with your little family! You all look so very happy! Love Sue