CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, October 3, 2008

Thursday Night

It started just another Thursday in the Warner Household.

We were coming home after another late night of Football and Cheer practice. After I pulled in the driveway I noticed my friends Janelle, Cynthia, and Jonathan (Cynthia's Husband). This was my first time seeing Jonathan, since he had come home the night before. He is also on Ian's ship but was able to take leave from Hawaii. So I was welcoming him home, and obviously not paying that much attention to why they were all outside at that time. Ian had walked up behind me, with a dozen roses in hand. I was in shock to see him standing there. I think, NO, I know it is the best surprise I have ever had. Everyone was in on it, Ian thought he was so clever. I am so happy to have him back home. It still almost doesn't seem real, but then, it also feels like he never left too. We all stayed up way too late last night exchanging gifts, talking and of course cuddling up on the couch watching the University of Utah game that I had on my DVR from earlier that evening. Which they won, in a nail biter. It was great to be cuddled up with my husband for a good football game.
Here are a few pictures Janelle took of us last night. The poor babies in the car you can see them looking out at us wondering what was going on. And Aspen had walked up to the front door and missed it all until we finally realized it and went to her. She just ran down the sidewalk into her daddy's arms. So we missed that on camera.
I am pretty tired right now, and just rambling a lot. It has been a whirlwind of a day! I also want to get back to Ian. We have too much cuddling to catch up on. I will write more in a day or two when I can think more clearly. I just wanted to let you all in on my good news!






5 comments:

Key Fam said...

What a GREAT surprise!!! I can't believe you posted with all the emotions that go with them coming home...and early and surprisingly! That is the greatest feeling in the world! How exciting and relieving for him to be home!

Hayley said...

Kim - How wonderful to be back together as a family again!

Lisa said...

Welcome Home Ian!!! I am seriously sitting here in my office crying. What a great story! And Kim...you look AMAZING!! ;) Now, quit checking your blog and get back to your husband!!!

Scates Family said...

What an awesome surprise. We are excited to see Ian is home and safe. By the way you look GREAT. I love your jeans, where did you get them?

Nicole said...

That is so sweet he surprised you especially with roses.