CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, October 2, 2008

MRSA again...

I had to go and say that nothing really new was happening. So now I just jinxed us. I had to take Tilden into the Dr.'s today. He now has the MRSA infection. It is miserable. It is on his chin. It is very painful for him. I guess by this point I am becoming an expert on it, and I can catch it fairly early, before it gets too bad. But it still takes time for the antibiotics to work. I still dont understand how 'they' can say that it isn't contagious. When 4 people in my family have had it, plus my niece who was visiting me the month of June. When Lydia got it a couple weeks ago, the doctor insisted that no amount of lysol and disinfecting your house can change the outcome of who will get it. But from my own personal research on the internet, I have found that it is very common for families to continually pass it around. Talking to my mom today, she said that an elementary school in Idaho Falls had been closed because so many students have had this infection also. I also have learned that this infection is actaually new to the medical profesion over the last 3-5 years. So I am sure there is still a lot more research before they can understand it.

Either way. I am tired of us getting it. And I am sorry for my poor miserable little boy.

3 comments:

Terri said...

I'm sorry to hear of the sickness. There is a family in our ward who has it as well. The mom started with it, and had it a long time before it was properly diagnosed. Now her 2 boys have it. They had the state come in and clean the nursery in our church. All toys and books were thrown away. No one knows if the little boy was contagious when he was at church, but it's better safe than sorry.
By the way, how do you put when people update their blog. I've searched everywhere and can't figure it out.
Good luck with everything.

Terri said...

Thanks for the tip. I got it figured out. Finally! :)

Randy and Teresa said...

Kim,
I love hearing about your family. It keeps us a little in the loop. I'm so sorry to hear that the MRSA thing keeps coming back. I hope you are able to find something to keep it away.
I LOVE the pic of Garrett and Aspen! What attitude.
Congratulations on reaching your goal with the exercising. I'd like to do half of what you did and I don't have small children around as an excuse. Well, I guess you could count the grandkids. HAHA!
Also, I LOVE your scrapbooking blog. You come up with GREAT ideas!
I'm also excited for you that Ian will be home soon. You all take care and tell everyone hello from us here in Elko.
Love ya.