CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, September 3, 2008

First Day of School!

Tuesday was the Kids first day back at school. Garrett started 3rd Grade and is attending a new school. Here K-2nd is in one elementary, and 3rd-5th in another. I think it is great to divide them up like that, but I am new to the whole getting the kids on and off the bus at different times. So far I like it though. It gives us a little one on one time after school to talk about the day and have snacks together. Aspen started 2nd grade. And I am sorry to report had her first call home from school today (the 2nd day of school)!! She struggles with learning, she always has. She was having a hard time with the lesson, and then let herself get too frustrated. So then she didn't even want to try. The teacher asked me to talk to her about just trying to see if she can do it. We will have to see how it goes. Either way I am excited. It gives me a little more 'free' time. I will write more about what I am up to in my next Blog entry. It is definitely a challenge! More on that tomorrow though. For now I need to go get some dishes done.

Outside his school! He had to wear his new coat, even though it was a warm day! He picked it out this year.... a hunting coat, if you couldn't tell. (His dad will be proud!)

In his new class..he's growing up too fast.
Outside her school, notice the backpack matches the shirt. When she picked it out (because it matches) I asked her, "You know you wont be wearing that same shirt every day right?" But she quickly said she will be some of the time. So she had to have it!
In her class, ready to take on the World!

2 comments:

Nicole said...

This is your cousin Dale's(Mary & Craig's son) wife Nicole. That is so cute she had to get the backpack that matched her shirt, I remember doing stuff like that when I was little. Hopefully she'll start doing a little better with school. I bet that's a little hard to get used to the school's up there.

Sandra said...

I love Aspen's backpack!