CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, September 11, 2008

Little Lydia...

Last night I was putting Lydia's PJ's on and notices a red bump behind her knee. With a slight touch she was in a lot of pain, so I drew with a pen a circle around it and sent her to bed. This morning the the swelling and redness had gone outside of the circle by an inch on all sides. So I got her into the Dr.'s office and yes, she does have the same MRSA infection that me and Aspen have been dealing with. MRSA is a Staff infection that is resistant to most antibiotics. So it is very hard to treat. That is why I was on IV antibiotics in June and had such a hard time getting rid of it. Since then, when either Aspen or I have gotten it, we know the signes and have caught it early. I caught it early with Lydia too, so I am hopeful that the antibiotics that she has orally will work. By saturday if I dont notice any improvment, then they will have to give her IV antibiotics. I am fairly certain, that this will work. But there is always the chance. Other than the pain it is causing her, she is doing great. When I went to check on her and tuck her in bed last night though, I couldn't resist taking a picture of what I found. This is just too cute!

3 comments:

ianwarner said...

Lyds,

I love you and will be home soon. your Dad

Nicole said...

I hope that she gets better soon and doesn't have to have the IV. That is a very cute picture, I love how sweet and innocent they look when they sleep.

Sandra said...

What a sweet picture! I really hope the oral antibiotics work!