CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, September 15, 2008

Footbal is Life...at least for the next couple months!

So I haven't been great about updating the football stats. I guess there is no chance of a career as a sports announcer. But I wanted to let you all know now. The Mighty Cougars (not BYU...they are far from mighty in my eyes! GO UTES!) Anyways, the Mighty Lakewood Cougar Pee Wee team you know won their first game.

Game 2 they were not so Lucky, they ended up loosing 12-19. But they played hard. They played Sedro Wooley, and this team was huge. These are 1st-3rd graders and the max weight is 120 lbs. Their star player weighed in at 119 before the game (hopefully before playoffs he eats a few too many Kids Meals!) While most of our boys are about 60-70 lbs. Our team fought hard. But the 2 touchdowns were both made by boys in our ward, we were all very excited about that.

Last Saturday we had Game 3 verses North Everett. It was a battle the entire game, and I have to admit I loved the intensity (in a Pee Wee game!). Garrett made a huge block and tackle in the first quarter. It was very exciting. At the end of 4 quarters the game was tied at 6. North Everett got he ball first and went scoreless. It was our turn, and yet again a boy from our ward was the star of this game too with another touchdown.

On a side note, the cheerleaders are getting really good to. Saturdays game, was the first time I saw the crowd really getting involved and doing the cheers with the girls too. I forgot to take the camera out of the car. So no pictures. I will have many more weeks to do that though. The next 2 weeks are away games. I am not to excited about that. But they should be nice drives, I have never been to either cities and look forward to exploring the area!

0 comments: