CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, September 26, 2008

I Finished!

So my 6 Weeks to Hubby, I mean Kona challenge, I finished today, in just 4 weeks! YEAH!

I only wish that meant that I got my husband home sooner too. I will have to patiently wait for the next 2 weeks to pass.

At the gym today after I finished I had a huge grin on my face. I was so excited to realize that I had completed a goal that I set just 4 weeks ago. Thanks for all your encouragement. More than anything, I just feel good that I was able to finish it sooner than expected. It was a lot of fun to challenge myself everyday at the gym!

After 80 laps in the pool, I have decided that I love swimming and I will continue it on Tuesdays and Thursdays. Biking 110 miles is not as hard as it may seem. And running 26.2 miles feels like a ton more when you have shin splints!

Now I need to make a new goal....Any Ideas?

4 comments:

Lise said...

Congrats Kim! I am so proud of you. That is kind of neat to be able to accomplish a goal like that in just 4 weeks. Hope the family is doing good.

Terri said...

With 4 kids and Ian gone, where do you come up with the energy to do all this exercising stuff??? You'll have to let me know your secret. I'm always so tired and ready for sleep any time of the day.

Nicole said...

Congrats!! that is such an accomplishment, I am still trying to figure out where to fitting exercising into my daily schedule.

Kim said...

Everyone should look into their local YMCA. With your monthly membership, you can have up to 2 hours of daycare per child(if you are in the building). So I work out for an hour and a half everyday, then shower and get ready that last half hour. It works out great. And it is a very reasonably cost. They offer discounts to us being in the military, but I know that they also offer financial assistants to those who qualify.