CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, September 22, 2008

One Long Weekend...

So a lot has happened this weekend. I guess that is just the theme of my life.

The biggest thing, on Saturday night we were getting home very late from the kids football game, and my purse got left out on the floor. As I was running around to try to get everyone settled in, Lydia got into my purse. I forgot that last week a friends son was selling candy bars for a fundraiser, so I said I would buy some. The problem was that all of them had nuts. So I only bought one with almonds and put it up high in my purse, thinking I would eat it that night after everyone went to bed. The flaw with my plan is that I forgot about the candy bar all together. It ended up that Lydia got into it and started eating it, before I caught her she had eaten 2 squares. I was able to pry some chunks of nuts out of her mouth, but it was still too late. Her lower half of her face, her lips and mouth all broke out with hives. I gave her Benadrly and within 20 minutes I was very surprised that she was looking a lot better. (I still have never used the Epi pen, and I am a little nervous too.) I had her sleep with me that night, which ended up being a good idea. Early Sunday morning, she started vomiting. Within a couple hours she was uncontrollably vomiting. So I called the local ER and they said to bring her in. Through examination the Dr. said that she was still having a reaction to the nuts, and would until they pass. They gave her some medicine to help the nausea, the only problem is keeping that down. She doesn't. The suppository helped though. I was able to finally leave the hospital once they felt she was doing a little better. Unfortunately that didn't last long.

She still is very sick today, and keeping nothing down. It is very sad to see how miserable she is. By later this evening if she is still not keeping anything down I think I will have to take her back to the hospital she hasn't really had a wet diaper all yesterday and so far today.

As for the first part of the weekend Saturday we had a long day of football. It was classic NW weather (Rainy Downpour), the entire game. Luckily me and the little kids kept completely dry under the covered stands. As for Garrett he was drenched, but had a great game. He made 5 great tackles an help his team win 36-12. It was a ton of fun to watch. Aspen stayed much dryer, the cheerleaders have nice rain jackets. But she still managed to get wet some.

On a side note, during a temper tantrum of Lydia's at the football game she managed to knock my camera from my hands. It dropped and now my lens can't manually be turned. I called the man at the camera repair shop, and will be taking it in when Lydia is feeling better. So I am currently without a camera. Actually I have a camera that works, just no lens. My other lens has been in the repair shop for 5 months because Nikkor keeps back ordering the part. It looks like me and "Scott" at the repair shop are quickly becoming best friends!

And to answer my husbands question "So were you that mad at our daughter that you tried to kill her with nuts?" That was his very poor attempt of a joke on a horrible situation. And my answer was "NO, I never wanted to kill her." I do recall asking someone if they thought I could donate her to charity?

One last thing, I forgot to post my Kona totals last Friday, so here goes:

Running: 16 Miles (need 26.2)
Swimming: 63 Laps (need 80)
Biking: 88 Miles (need 110)

I was on track to finish this week. Depending on how it all goes with Lydia this week we will see if I can still complete it in 4 weeks total. Either way the original goal is 6 weeks, so I feel great about my results.

5 comments:

Terri said...

You are one amazing woman! I don't know how you keep up with everything while your hubby is gone. I guess it's one of those things that you know you HAVE to do! I hope your little one is feeling better. At time like this I wish I lived close by so I could help. I know what it's like to juggle life and kids w/ football, tumbling, piano, etc. . . So what do you do with your other kids when you make a trip to the ER? You're amazing!:)

Kim said...

I have a wonderful support system. Between other moms who's husbands are also deployed and people from church. I also share a lot of rides for the kids to and from practices, and other activities. You really manage well, when you have to!

Staceroo said...

Kim - this is Stacy (Jackman) O'Gwin. I found your blog from facebook. It is the total law that when your husband is gone everything will go wrong! When my husband has been deployed is when the heater/AC have gone out, my chandelier fell, pipes froze, etc. . . You're doing awesome taking care of your family and everything else while your hubby's away!

Michelle said...

Kim,
I emailed you twice, maybe I don't have your email right. Will you give it to me again? Mine is federkeil@kanab.net Allergies are so hard! I'm glad my kids don't have any. I'm sorry to hear about your little girl. I hope she gets well soon!

Nicole said...

I hope lydia is doing better now.